+++Postscript: Missed the webinar but still interested in its content? The recording is available here.
22 May 2020 | On 27 May, the initiative NDCFI is hosting a webinar on Business in Climate: Partnering and Investing in Resilient Economies in the Caribbean region. GET.invest team member Alexander Huppertz will be speaking at this event, which is taking place at 10-11:30am (St Lucia time) or 4-5:30pm (Brussels time).
The NDCFI is a joint initiative of the Organisation of Eastern Caribbean States (OECS) Commission and the Government of Saint Lucia; established with the support of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), under the auspices of the NDC Partnership, and with initial funding from the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit, GIZ.
- The context and rationale for implementing increasingly ambitious climate commitments in the Caribbean.
- The business case for investing in the development of low-carbon, climate-resilient economies in the Caribbean, especially in the context of a green recovery from the impacts of the global pandemic.
- Investment opportunities related to Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs) made under the Paris Climate Agreement, and complimentary climate action.
- Opportunities to discover options for coping with the Covid-19 crisis and recovery plans with urgent investments in low-carbon, climate resilient economies.
- Racquel Moses, the CEO of Caribbean Climate Smart Accelerator,
- Leon D. Charles, from Charles & Associates, Inc.,
- Annette Rattigan-Leo, the Chief Sustainable Development & Environment Officer at the Government of Saint Lucia,
- Alexander Huppertz, Project Manager at GET.invest,
- Chamberlain Emmanuel, Head of the Environmental Sustainability Division, OECS Commission,
- Crispin d’Auvergne, Programme Director Climate & Disaster Resilience, OECS Commission,
- Leena Wokeck, FutureWays /GIZ Consultant on NDCFI (moderator).