This webinar pooled expertise together from a wide-range of EU funded projects, including Solar Bankability, the Africa-EU Renewable Energy Cooperation Programme (RECP), Electrification Financing Initiative (ElectriFI).
This webinar was hosted and moderated by SolarPower Europe and a recording of this session is available here
- Ajan Visser, Management Consultant, ElectriFI
- Mauricio Richter, PV expert R&D, 3E
- Jan Cloin, Project Manager, EUEI PDF
- Matthias v. Armansperg, Managing Director, ACCELIOS Solar
- Ajan Visser, ElectriFI, presented how technical risks affect financing decisions for solar PV plants and the associated specificities and expectations from the investors in the fast growing market of sub-Saharan region.
- Mauricio Richter, 3E and Solar Bankability partner, gave insignts into how technical assumptions are accounted in the various PV cost elements and identify the gaps of present day models in order to enable the stakeholders to foresee hidden technical risks and their potential impacts.
- Matthias v. Armansperg, Managing Director, ACCELIOS Solar and Solar Bankability partner introduced a methodology to determine the financial impact of technical failures and presented a modelling tool to assess the impact of technical failures on the overall financial performance of four representative PV business models.