(Photo credits: SolarPower Europe)
For the 13th year in a row, the SolarPower Summit took place in March 14-15, 2018 in Brussels, Belgium. The Summit is the only forum that brings together 300+ leading European solar companies, high level European policymakers and international media to discuss the state of the solar sector globally, with particular focus in Europe.
The SolarPower Summit is recognized throughout the solar sector as one of the most important event on the development of global solar markets. The event was organised by SolarPower Europe with the support of RECP. RECP support the conference by presenting in sessions related to emerging solar markets in Africa and leading a B2B matchmaking event.
During the SolarPower Summit, participants discussed the following topics and questions:
Policy & regulation
• Electricity market design
• RES Directive – 35% renewables in EU by 2030?
• An industry strategy for solar
• Solar power and economic development
Business & markets
• European and global prospects for solar
• Emerging markets – where are the next growth opportunities?
• Where is the future for large scale solar
• Corporate sourcing + PPAs
• Sector coupling – transport and heat
Technology & innovation
• A rooftop revolution – power to the prosumers
• Digitalisation of the energy sector
• Operations and maintenance