GET.invest is implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, which is responsible for data processing. As a German federal enterprise under private law, GIZ processes personal data exclusively in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the German Federal Data Protection Act (Bundesdatenschutzgesetz, BDSG).
Session cookies are used for user analysis as described below. They make it possible to assign various requests from a browser to a session and to recognise the browser when the website is visited again (session ID). Cookies do not contain any personal data and expire at the end of the session.
We do not use methods such as Java applets or ActiveX controls that make it possible to track your browsing behaviour.
User analysis with etracker
To analyse usage data on the GET.invest website, GIZ uses the etracker web analysis service operated by etracker GmbH, Hamburg. Data is stored and evaluated completely anonymously. No other use is made of the data, and the data are not passed on to third parties. The data generated with etracker is processed and stored by etracker on behalf of GIZ in Germany only. Further information on data protection at etracker can be found here.
The following information is stored for each page you view and each file you download:
- Technical details of the browser used
- Anonymous IP address
- Date and time
- Page opened/name of the file downloaded
- Quantity of data transferred
- Notification of whether viewing or download was successful
Reference to user rights
Visitors to the GET.invest website have the right:
- to obtain information about their data stored by us (Article 15 GDPR).
- to have their data stored by us rectified (Article 16 GDPR).
- to have their data stored by us erased (Article 17 GDPR).
- to obtain restriction of processing of their data stored by us (Article 18 GDPR).
- to object to the storage of their data if personal data are processed on the basis of the first sentence of Article 6 (1) 1 f and e GDPR (Article 21 GDPR).
- to receive their personal data in a commonly used and machine-readable format from the controller such that they can be potentially transmitted to another controller (right to data portability, Article 20 GDPR).
- To withdraw their consent to the extent that the data has been processed on the basis of consent (Article 6 (1) a GDPR). The lawfulness of the processing on the basis of the consent given remains unaffected until receipt of the withdrawal.
Users also have the right in accordance with Article 77 GDPR to lodge a complaint with the competent data protection supervisory authority. The competent authority is the Federal Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information (BfDI).
Objection to user analysis
The website does not store personal data but only tracks visitor behavior. Visitors who do not agree with the completely anonymous storage and evaluation of the data from their visit can opt out of the storage and use of the data via the opt-out button below.
By clicking on the button, an opt-out cookie will be stored on your device to prevent your user data from being collected when you visit this site next time. For the cookie to be effective, it must be stored on every device you use to visit the site. As the cookie is stored in the browser, it must be stored on each browser if you use more than one browser per device (e.g. Internet Explorer, Chrome or Mozilla Firefox). You should also note that if you delete all cookies, you will also delete the opt-out cookie and will have to reinstall it.
By clicking on the button below, you object to the storage of anonymised data from your visit. If the button is orange/activated, the data collected during your visit will be anonymised and stored for evaluation purposes to improve the performance of the website. The deactivated/grey button means that your data will not be stored.
Processing of personal data in connection with social network use
On its website, GIZ invites users to visit the GET.invest presence on the social networking sites and platforms Twitter and LinkedIn.
These online presences are operated in order to interact with the users that are active on these sites and platforms and to inform them about projects and services. By clicking on a social network’s logo, the user is redirected to the GET.invest presence on the respective network.
When users visit the platforms, personal data is collected, used and stored by the operators of the respective social network, but not by GIZ. This is also the case even if the users themselves do not have an account with the respective social network.
The individual data processing operations and their scope differ depending on the operator of the respective social network. GIZ has no influence on the collection of data or its further use by the social network operators. We are not fully aware of the extent to which, where and for how long the data is stored; to what extent the networks comply with existing obligations regarding erasure; what analyses are conducted and links established with the data; and to whom the data is disclosed.