The GET.invest Finance Catalyst support is available to all applicants that meet the following minimum criteria:
- Only projects and businesses with a cumulative generation capacity between 0.5-50 MW or aggregated investments in the range of € 250.000-70 million are eligible.
- Applicants must be situated in sub-Saharan Africa or in the Caribbean.
- Supported models may comprise electricity generation, electricity distribution (in the case of mini-grids and standalone systems), mechanical energy and industrial / process heat or cooling, as well as cleaning cooking. Transmission projects or biofuels are not eligible.
- Eligible applicants may be private sector developers (local and international), NGOs, universities or research institutions. Preference is given to projects with a significant private sector representation.
- The major part of the scope must be a renewable energy system investment. Hybrid systems with a reasonable share of renewable generation capacity are also eligible.
- Proposals must be conceptualised as revenue generating and meet a minimum economic viability and sustainability threshold.