The regular, long-term support of the GET.invest Finance Catalyst is available to all applicants that meet the following minimum criteria:
- Only projects and businesses with a cumulative generation capacity between 0.5-50 MW or aggregated investments in the range of €250,000 to €70 million are eligible.
Note: For applicants requesting fast-tracked support during the Covid-19 crisis, this is substituted with the following minimum criteria that need to be met in order to allow us to deploy support efficiently:
(a) the equivalent of €100,000 of turnover over the past 12 months as a proxy to justify the allocation of individual coaches and the associated cost;
(b) a minimum of 5 staff employed (salary or results-based) as a proxy for the job impact of the crisis, and as an indicator for the cash needs of the company;
(c) the business can demonstrate it had a sustainable funding plan at the end of February until 1 May 2020 (i.e. no funding gap before 1 May 2020).
- Applicants must be situated in sub-Saharan Africa or in the Caribbean.
- Supported models may comprise electricity generation, electricity distribution (in the case of mini-grids and stand-alone systems), mechanical energy and industrial / process heat or cooling, as well as clean cooking. Transmission projects or biofuels are not eligible.
- Eligible applicants may be private sector developers (local and international), NGOs, universities or research institutions. Preference is given to projects with a significant private sector representation.
- The major part of the scope must be a renewable energy system investment. Hybrid systems with a reasonable share of renewable generation capacity are also eligible.
- Proposals must be conceptualised as revenue generating and meet a minimum economic viability and sustainability threshold.