Solar Business Opportunities in Emerging Markets – SolarPower Summit Side Event
As part of the SolarPower Summit, SolarPower Europe, supported by GET.invest, will host a side event on Solar business opportunities in emerging markets on Friday 7 May. This one-day side event will bring together government and industry representatives to discuss solar business opportunities in Africa and other emerging markets.
The side-event will commence by diving into solar success stories on the African continent. This will be followed by a deep dive discussion on how solar can support healthcare and local food and water supply ecosystems. Finally, the closing session will be dedicated to exploring the role of green hydrogen in enhancing renewable-based electrification.
Speakers include, among others:
- Walburga Hemetsberger, CEO, SolarPower Europe
- Stefano Signore, Head of Unit Climate Change and Sustainable Energy; Nuclear Safety (DG INTPA), European Commission
- Atef Marzouk, Acting Director Infrastructure and Energy, African Union Commission
- Ajay Mathur, Director General, International Solar Alliance
- Roberto Vigotti, Secretary General, RES4Africa Foundation
- Michael Franz, Team Leader, GET.invest